When scanning a Logmore data logger, you will be asked to share your location. Allowing it will save the location of your device at the point of scanning the logger to the Cloud. You can later use the location data for analyzing your operations (for example, by creating a report showing Missions on the map).
- To save the location to the Cloud, click Allow when prompted.
- If the device doesn't share the location, Logmore Cloud is not able to save it.
- If you see a message about an error saving scan location or other issues, you might need to enable location services for your smartphone.
Read instructions below on iPhones and Android on how to unblock sharing of your location if you don't get a popup about location sharing.
Allow location sharing on iPhone
Step-by-step guide on how to enable location setting with iPhone
Go to your phone's Settings
Select Privacy settings
Go to Location Services (currently Off)
Enable the Location Service
- Now you should be able to save the location data.
Allow location sharing on Android
In order for scan location data to be saved to the Logmore Cloud, you need to allow location information in your smart device's browser.
- Go to your browser's settings
- Click "Site settings"
- Click "Location" and see if the location is allowed (the toggle should be blue).
- Check the "Blocked" sites and remove web.logmore.com from them if you find it in the category.