If you receive shipments that are sent by a third party, you can use Logmore to monitor the shipment conditions.
You will need to provide the sender with activated QR data loggers and give the instructions about attaching the logger.
Make sure you set up the correct settings that will enable efficient monitoring and provide you with the right data. Note that the exact configurations often depend on the type of goods you are shipping and your monitoring needs.
- Make sure your Logmore Account is activated and set up (check these articles on activating the user account and setting it up).
- Activate QR data loggers and provide them to the sender for attaching to the shipment. If you provide unactivated loggers, make sure you share the guidelines for activating data loggers.
- Provide the sender with instructions about attaching a logger to a package or monitored object. It can be attached with an adhesive sticker or a supermagnet inside or outside the packaging. The placement of a logger depends on the conditions you are monitoring (e.g., temperature, shock, light). Check this article on logger placement for more details.
- You will be able to create a Mission after you receive the shipment to extract only the relevant data, as explained below.
- If you want the sender to create a Mission themselves, provide them with the necessary guidelines.
- Create a Logmore account for the sender by adding them to one of your teams. They will get an email with an activation link.
- Create a suitable Mission template for the shipment in question. Give the sender access to the Mission template and the loggers.
- Share the instructions on starting a Mission from a Mission template with the sender.
- The sender attaches QR data loggers to shipments according to your instructions and sends the shipment.
- The sender informs you about the starting time of the shipment.
- Logmore data loggers collect measurements as soon as they are activated. You will be able to collect data from the logger.
Receive shipment & collect data
- Scan the QR data loggers to upload the data to the Cloud.
- You might need to access history QR codes. If the capacity of one QR code is filled, all the data is stored in a History QR code, while the incoming data is recorded in a new QR code. Check the instructions below.
Create a Mission & analyze
If the sender did not create the Mission at the beginning of the shipment, you need to do it yourself. This is required in order to check if the conditions during this shipment were satisfactory. For more details, check this article on what are Missions and Mission templates.
- Log into your Logmore Account from your smartphone.
- After scanning the QR data logger with your smartphone, press Create new mission. Either choose a pre-made Mission template or choose to create a Mission without a template.
- Enter the basic settings to help you identify this mission.
- Set up alert rules depending on what are your monitoring needs.
- Modify the timeline in the Advanced settings. The end time should be the time when you've received the shipment. The starting time should be the time when the shipment was sent.
- Logmore Cloud will inform you if alerts have been triggered. You will see the notification on the scan page of your smartphone and in Logmore Cloud. Alert notifications can be sent via email to you and other team members.
- Check the data regarding this shipment in Logmore Cloud.