You will be able to review triggered alerts on the Mission's page in Logmore Cloud, as well as on the Scan page and in the PDF Mission reports. You can also get alert notifications as an email or an SMS for instant communications.
Getting an email or an SMS about alerts is configured in the Teams settings. You can specify who will get the notifications so that not everyone in the team will receive the message to avoid clutter.
In this article:
Create Alert notifications
- In the Settings (top navigation bar in Logmore Cloud), click Teams.
- Select the team for which you want to create an alert. Click the arrow next to the team's name.
- Select Edit notifications.
- A new window will appear. Select Add new notification.
- Select the event type (New alerts in a mission by default), select if you want to get a notification via email or SMS, and add the email address or a phone number.
- Press Save.
- You can add multiple alert recipients in the same way.
Note that the notifications will be sent only for alerts in the Missions the team has access to. Check more details about managing teams and teams' permissions in Logmore Cloud here.
Remove Alert notifications
- Go to Settings —> Teams.
- Select the team you want to edit notifications for and press Edit notifications.
- The appeared window shows the current alert notifications for this team. Press a cross next to the person's email address.
Imagine a case where alert rules have been set incorrectly or something has gone wrong during the shipment (that is, in a Mission). The user scans multiple loggers connected to this mission and then scans multiple history QR codes from each logger. In this situation, a lot of alerts will be generated every few seconds. We don't want to send the user multiple repetitive notifications.
Therefore, the notifications are limited in a way that for each alert rule (e.g., Temperature) in a Mission, new notifications are sent only after 30 minutes have passed since the last notification. So, if scanning the logger (and 2 History QR codes in it) in the warehouse triggered 3 alerts about temperature and one on humidity, only two notifications will be sent. When the logger from the same Mission is scanned again 2 hours later, another alert is generated because something went wrong during the last-mile delivery.
To view the details:
- Click the link in the email or the SMS.
- You will be directed straight to the Mission with the alert in Logmore Cloud.
- Check which parameters were below or above the acceptable limits and take necessary actions.