It's crucial to attach the data logger in the right way to obtain the correct data. The correct placement depends on your monitoring needs and the sensors the logger has.
The rule of thumb is:
✅ Attach the data logger to a surface where it is easy to scan, outside a pallet or parcel.
✅ You may place the logger inside the pallet or parcel, if there is a risk of shocks or sharp blows, or you monitor shocks or humidity.
✅ Do not keep the logger in the extreme temperatures (for example, in the dry ice box). Place only the external probe close to the monitored object.
- The logger comes with an adhesive sticker. Peel off the wrap on the back of the logger.
- Attach this adhesive sticker to the parcel. Press the logger firmly against the surface. Mind that the sticker is strong, and detaching the logger might be difficult.
- The sticker can be used only once. For subsequent shipments, you can attach the logger with a magnet.
- Place the probe close to the item you are monitoring.
- Make sure the logger itself is not kept in extreme temperature (e.g. in dry ice), risking the logger to malfunction.
Pallet / parcel with cable space
Pallet / parcel without cable space
- Attach the logger to the monitored target itself. This way you can be sure to get shock readings that targeted at the item being monitored.
- Don't place the logger onto the package material.
- The logger needs to be inside the monitored space. For instance, QR logger inside a container will monitor humidity of the container, not the packages inside it.
- If the surface is rough, we recommend placing a piece of packaging or duct tape on it first and then attaching the QR data logger's sticker to it.
- You can also connect a small supermagnet behind the QR logger. This is a perfect way to attach the QR logger if your shipment contains metal. The QR logger is easy to attach and remove again and again.
- You may print instructions to the recipient on a paper or return envelope and stick the QR logger to it. Logger is small, and a colorful paper helps recipient to notice it and to read the short instructions.