Utilising Custom fields with Mission templates is highly recommended. This article will guide you through it.
Combining Custom fields with Mission templates will allow better visibility and quality of information on your shipments, and save time on your day to day monitoring activities. There is a limit of adding a maximum 10 custom fields in one mission template.
To start using Custom fields with Mission templates, you can either create a new Mission template or edit an existing one.
Go to "Settings" and select "Mission templates".
- If you want to create a new Mission template, select "Create new". See instructions for filling in the earlier information in the Mission template: and scroll down for "Custom fields".Creating Mission templates
- If you want to edit an existing Mission template, click the Mission template and scroll down for "Custom fields".
Select or Create the Custom field
In the Mission template settings, scroll down for Custom fields. Click "Add new custom field".
If you have not created any Custom fields, your view will look like this and you will need to create a new Custom field:
We recommend utilising "Dropdown list" and "On/off switch" custom fields for their simple user experience. They also allow to use the breakdown Reports in your Dashboard. More information on the Custom field types
To finalise creating the Custom field, follow the instructions explained in
If you have already created Custom fields, they will be listed under "Available custom fields":
You can select one of the existing Custom fields or create a new one (select the custom field type under "Create new custom field" and see
Finalise Custom field settings in Mission template
Once you have created or selected the Custom fields you want to use in the Mission template, you will need to specify how they are used with the template.
You will be able to specify the following settings for each Custom field:
- Require input from user: Never/On mission start/On mission end
This means does the user have chance to edit the Custom field content or not. And if they get to edit the field, will it happen when the mission is created or when it is ended.
- Preset value: Leave blank/Set default option
This means is there a default option set for the Custom field or not.
See below for examples of Custom fields in a Mission template, and how the Custom field input is collected for the user.
Once you are done with defining Custom field settings, select "Save mission template".
Example Custom fields in a mission template
- Shipment tracking ID is asked when mission is started, and there is no preset value.
- Route is to be selected when mission is started, and "Route 1" is the preset value.
- Temperature type is automatically inputted to Mission details from the Mission template, and it is "Frozen".
Example user mission creation
Example of how mission creation with Custom fields looks like for a user. User will need to insert Shipment tracking ID and if needed, change the Carrier info.