Custom fields allow you to add and store extra data within Missions – the data of your choice. With Custom fields you gain better visibility to your operations: on the areas where you are currently experiencing most deviations, and which are performing the best.
Examples of Custom fields
- Delivery tracking ID
- Delivery route
- Transport method
- Packaging type
- Tracking link
- Type of goods
Custom fields should be first created in Logrmeo Cloud. Then, they can be added to the Mission information when starting a Mission from a Mission template or from scratch. Add further Custom fields by editing an existing Mission.
All the Custom fields added to a Mission will be visible on its page and in the PDF report.
A Use-case for Custom fields
For example, if you add "Delivery route" as a Custom field and start gathering data on those within your missions, you will gain visibility to how many alerts occur in different delivery routes. You can check this by creating a report Missions with alert breakdown by Delivery route (or any other Custom field) on your Dashboard that will look like this.
Types of Custom fields
Custom fields can be created in the following formats:
- Dropdown list: predefined list of items where a user selects one of them.
- Text: free text field for the user to fill in.
- Number: code/ID/set of numbers (no letters allowed) for the user to fill in.
- Date: date & time for the user to select.
- On/off switch: switch button for the user to click when needed.
We recommend utilizing "Dropdown list" and "On/off switch" custom fields for their simple user experience. They also allow using the breakdown Reports in your Dashboard.
How to define the right Custom fields for you?
When planning new Custom fields, start by defining what data is valuable to you and what data you are able to track. It's important to plan this stage well in order to ensure successful utilization of the Custom fields.
Do you want to know for example...
- In which routes do you have the most deviations in conditions?
- In which transportation methods do you get the highest amount of excursions?
- Which types of goods are being shipped with the least disturbances?
- Which carriers are keeping the goods within the required conditions most consistently?
You will need to collect data for a while, after adding the Custom fields, in order to be able to analyze the data in a meaningful way.
After deciding which Custom fields you want to add, it's time to create them in Logmore Cloud.