For shipments you are receiving, you should provide the sender QR data loggers and advise them to place one or more QR loggers to each shipment.
Prepare how to attach the QR data logger to your shipment.
- The QR logger has a wrap around it. It can be used as a sticker. You can also connect a small supermagnet behind the QR logger if your shipment contains metal.
- If you monitor shocks, you need to attach the QR logger to the monitored target itself, not to the package material.
- If you monitor humidity, the QR logger needs to be in the monitored space. For instance don't place the QR logger inside the return envelope.
Make sure that the QR logger's setups are suitable for shipments. Measurement interval, shock threshold and what channels you want to monitor can be changed.
- It's easier to upload the data to the cloud if all measurements can fit in one QR code, especially if the recipient scans the QR Tag.
- If delivery time is long and you need high density data, prepare to scan the history QR codes.
- In any case, make sure the internal memory of 20 000 measurements is enough for all data collected during the shipping. You can estimate the correct QR logger setups with Logmore calculator. The QR logger settings can be change by following Logger Configuration instructions.
Make sure that the QR logger is activated (QR code on the screen) before attaching the QR logger to the shipment. Especially if you are using single-use QR loggers.
Give instructions to the sender on placing the QR data loggers in a right way.
The sender attaches the QR data loggers to shipments according to your instructions.
Receiving the shipment
- Once you receive the shipment, scan the QR loggers with it. To be able to collect all data to the cloud, you may need to scan some history QR codes too.
- After scanning start a new Mission, after which you should end it and change the starting time of the Mission to match the time when the shipment was send. If you have the shipping time in some other system, you can use Logmore API to add that as the Mission starting time.
- Right after the QR code has been scanned and the data is uploaded, Logmore cloud will inform if alert rules have been exceeded. The notification is visible in the scan page, in Logmore cloud, and can be sent via email/SMS to selected recipients.
Best practice library
Contact email@example.com to get the best practises to improve your monitoring process even further and to learn about different possibilities in utilising the collected information inside your organization and with 3rd party stakeholders.
Next, continue to invite users from your organization, in case you didn't already do that.
Otherwise, you can already start monitoring.